University of Alberta - Master of Arts in Drama

Chantal Tacail chantal.tacail at UALBERTA.CA
Mon Jan 21 12:59:51 EST 2008

Hello,

As you may know, the Department of Drama at the University of Alberta is
committed to the training and education of individuals who will provide
vision for the future of Canadian theatre. We endeavor to foster in
students a unique combination of practical and critical skills, with an
adventurous, visionary attitude. We value independence and challenge our
students to become drivers

of their own learning experience.

The Master of Arts in Drama builds a strong foundation of contemporary
critical and theoretical approaches to dramatic text in performance.
This unique Performance Studies approach

relates performance to the broader field of Cultural Studies and
encourages students to complement their research with an understanding
of the complex dynamics of the creative process.

MA Drama course work covers a variety of periods, genres, philosophies
and styles examined from historical, Brechtian, feminist, intercultural,
post-colonial and critical perspectives including gender studies,
audience response, semiotics and discourse analysis.

We have extended our application deadline for the Master of Arts in
Drama to February 15, 2008. Please find attached an overview of the
program's key components and highlights. We are eager to attract a wide
variety of applicants, so please circulate this information within your
organization, department, or community.

For full information about the program, the Department of Drama, and the
University of Alberta, visit:
http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/drama/madrama.cfm.

If you have any comments or questions, please contact me at
tacail at ualberta.ca or by phone 780-492-8710.

Sincerely,

Chantal Tacail
Communications Officer
University of Alberta, Department of Drama
3-146 Fine Arts Building
Edmonton, Alberta  T6G 2C9
Phone: (780) 492-8710
Fax: (780) 492-9156