James Reaney

Moira Day mjd707 at MAIL.USASK.CA
Mon Jun 16 12:04:30 EDT 2008

Dear David,

Thanks for letting us know. I all the more appreciate the special celebration we
had to honour him when we were at Western.  I think many of us knew it was a
chance to say good-by to someone we had come to love, value and respect deeply
as a playwright and a human being.

I'm also sure that your own close, sensitive attention to his work and sustained
efforts to open it afresh to a new generation of scholars was a very special
gift to him in his later years and that he never forgot it.

I'm so sorry, David. I realize that while we have lost a theatrical pioneer
whose work deserves to be recognized and honoured, you have lost a personal
friend and valued mentor.

Moira

http://stratford.siteseer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1070970&auth=Beacon+Herald+staff+and+Sun+Media

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080612.wobitreaney0612/BNStory/Entertainment/home