Honorary Membership and Lifetime Achievement Awards

Scott, Shelley s.scott at ULETH.CA
Wed Jun 25 17:04:57 EDT 2008

The Canadian Association for Theatre Research/ Association Canadienne de la Recherche Théâtrales is pleased to announce our most recent Honorary Members and recipients of our Lifetime Achievement Award.

The annual CATR/ACRT conference was held May 31 to June 3, 2008, at the University of British Columbia, as part of the Congress of Social Sciences and Humanities. Awards were made at the CATR/ACRT banquet, held on June 2.

Honorary membership in the Association was awarded to Karl and Christy Siegler, publishers of Talonbooks, in recognition of their distinguished service to theatre in Canada.

For the first time, the CATR/ACTR also awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards in recognition of long-standing encouragement and support of Canadian plays and playwrights outside Canada. Congratulations to the recipients, Albert-Reiner Glaap and Toyoshi Yoshihara.

Please look for full commendations in the fall newsletter.