Theatre Museum shines spotlight on Winnipeg

Michael Wallace mwallace at THEATREMUSEUMCANADA.CA
Thu Mar 20 16:10:43 EDT 2008

Dear colleagues-

Theatre Museum Canada is celebrating  WORLD THEATRE DAY (Thursday March 27)

with the opening of our next exhibit, TED KOROL: Designs For Winnipeg

Come join us for the opening reception! (if you can)

>From 5:30 to 7pm at The Palladian Lounge of the Elgin Theatre  (189 Yonge
Street)

Light refreshments will be served - thanks to the food geniuses at

www.amazingfood.com <http://www.amazingfood.com/>

Cash Bar. Complimentary admission.

Please feel free to pass this along to friends that might also be
interested.

Come see this exhibit of Winnipeg theatre pioneer Ted Korol's designs

- and find out more about THEATRE MUSEUM CANADA

then at 7:15 there will be a

THEATRE MUSEUM GOES BACKSTAGE educational panel event looking at what was so
special about Winnipeg Theatre in the 1950s (the founding of Rainbow Stage,
Manitoba Theatre Centre)

with

Daphne Korol

(the Winnipeg Performer who donated her late husband's designs to the
Theatre Museum)

Tom Hendry

(co-founder of Rainbow Stage, Manitoba Theatre Centre & Toronto Free
Theatre)

Ross Stuart

(golly, you should know who he is)

Please let me know if you'd like to attend either the reception or the
BACKSTAGE panel event.

Cheers

-Mike

Michael Wallace

Executive Director,

Theatre Museum Canada

www.TheatreMuseumCanada.ca <http://www.theatremuseumcanada.ca/>

PS:

please let me know if you'd rather not get e-mails like this.

PPS:

This event - and all the work we do to preserve, explore and celebrate
Canada's performing arts heritage - is made possible by our individual
donors.

You too can help us by donating to Theatre Museum Canada online

at the safe website of Canada Helps.org:

http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=s69711