book recommendation: Creative Expression, Creative Education

BRIAN QUIRT bquirt at ROGERS.COM
Tue Oct 28 09:50:51 EDT 2008

I contributed a short piece to this intriguing and beautiful book, which
features articles on creative process by more than twenty Canadian
artists...many of which I think would be of interest to dramaturgs.
Here's the information from the publisher's website (Detselig
Enterprises).

Creative Expression, Creative Education
by Robert Kelly and Carl Leggo (University of Calgary,  University of British Columbia)

Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives.  Design, invention, and innovation are integrally connected to our being  human. The excitement of generating ideas, experimenting, and creating  new forms makes for a passionate world that runs across disciplines and  all walks of life. Creative Expression, Creative Education is built  on the premise that creativity should be a primary rationale for education.  We invite the reader to share in the experiences of this diverse community  of creative producers who represent the integral energy of creative expression  and creative education. We invite the reader to enhance their own creative  practices and the creative practices of those around them.

ISBN: 978-155059-359-4
http://www.temerondetselig.com/