Dramaturgy texts

Gerd Hauck g2hauck at UWATERLOO.CA
Sat Dec 19 13:11:43 EST 2009

Hi Bob,

Some of the texts I use in my dramaturgy class are:

Bert Cardullo, What Is Dramaturgy?

Ric Knowles, The Theatre of Form and the Production of Meaning

Geoffrey Proehl et al., Dramaturgy in America: A Sourcebook

Hans-Thies Lehmann, Postdramatic Theatre

There is also a useful Special Issue on Dramaturgy in Theatre Topics 13:1
(2003)

Finally, check out the dramaturgy reading list at the University of Kent's
Dramaturgy website: http://www.dramaturgy.org.uk/page10.htm

Good luck!

Gerd

Dr. Gerd Hauck