announcement of honorary member and lifetime achievement awards

Scott, Shelley s.scott at ULETH.CA
Mon Jun 8 16:28:21 EDT 2009

The Canadian Association for Theatre Research/ Association Canadienne de la Recherche Théâtrale is pleased to announce our most recent Honorary Member and recipients of our Lifetime Achievement Awards.

The annual CATR/ACRT conference was held May 23-26, 2009, at Carleton University in Ottawa. Awards were made at the CATR/ACRT banquet, held at the National Arts Centre.

Honorary membership in the Association was awarded to Judith Thompson in recognition of her distinguished service to theatre in Canada.

For only the third time, the CATR/ACTR also awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of long-standing encouragement and support of Canadian plays and playwrights outside Canada. Congratulations to this year's recipient, Marc Maufort.

And, also for only the third time, the CATR/ACTR awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of long-standing support for the Association. Congratulations to Hélène Beauchamp!