Book announcement: Violence Against Women in Early Modern Performance

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Sat Oct 10 11:02:34 EDT 2009

Hi all,

First, congratulations Kim. It's a great achievement.

Second, everyone: I've read the book and it is  exttraordinary. All
libraries should have it, as should anyone intereste in the Early
Modern period, in issues around the representation of violence
against women, in feminism--in theatrical representation generally.
And it's not just about the early modern period: Kim takes on
contemporary performance brilliantly. (And for those who might be
concerned, it has pretty much nothing to do with interspecies
performance!)

I urge you all to help make sure this terrific book circulates widely.

Cheers,

Ric

Professor of Theatre Studies
University of Guelph