CFP GENesis Asian Canadian Theatre Conference

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Sun Sep 20 10:43:26 EDT 2009

Dear Candrama

This is a second Call for Papers for the GENesis Asian Canadian Theatre Conference, to be held at Factory Theatre in Toronto 3-9 May 2010 in conjunction with fuGEN Asian Canadian Theatre's new play development festival. The conference will bring together artists and academics to discuss the newly burgeoning activity in Canada among Asian Canadian theatre artists. In addition to academic papers, the conference will feataure a keynote address by Karen Shimikawa (NYU); artist panels involving playwrights, directors, actors and other artists from across the country; and readings from new work.

Paper proposals, due October 1st, should include a title and a 100-150 word abstract, together with your institutional affiliation, degrees, and a brief list of recent publications.

Proposals are welcome on any topic related to Asian Canadian theatre (excluding South Asian). This conference is the first ever on the topic, and we hope that it will function as the invention of a new sub-field in Canadian theatre studies.

Proceedings from the conference will be published by Playwrights Canada Press as the first volume in a new book series, "New Essays on Canadian Theatre."

Please send proposals, which will be vetted by the organizing committee, to Ric Knowles at rknowles at uoguelph.ca.

I look forward to hearing from many of you shortly!

Cheers,

Ric

Professor of Theatre Studies
University of Guelph