CATR/ACRT honorary member and scholarly award winners announcement

Scott, Shelley s.scott at ULETH.CA
Fri Jun 11 14:14:51 EDT 2010

The Canadian Association for Theatre Research/ Association Canadienne de la Recherche Théâtrale is pleased to announce the winners of our Scholarly Prizes. Certificates were presented during the annual conference, held at Concordia University in Montreal, May 28-31, 2010.

Ann Saddlemyer Book Award for 2009.

The Saddlemyer Committee, Alan Filewod (Chair), Natalie Corbett, and Susan Knutson, selected Candida Rifkind for Comrades and Critics: Women, Literature & The Left in 1930s Canada. (U Toronto P).

Richard Plant Award for 2009.

Committee members Susan Bennett (Chair), Andy Houston and Marlis Schweitzer selected Laura Levin's essay, "Can the City Speak? Site-Specific Art After Poststructuralism," published in the 2009 Palgrave Macmillan collection Performance and the City, edited by D.J. Hopkins, Shelley Orr and Kim Solga as the Plant Prize Winner for this year.

Jean-Cléo Godin Award for 2009.

Committee members Leanore Lieblein (Chair), Jennifer Drouin and Cam Culham selected Louis Patrick Leroux for his essay "Michel Ouellette, L'oeuvre correctrice du ré-écrivain."  Voix et images 34:3 (102), printemps-été 2009: 53-66.

Also, at the annual banquet, the CATR/ACRT celebrated our 2010 honorary member, André-G. Bourassa.  Congratulations to all!

Full citations will be published in the Fall Newsletter.