Women in Canadian Theatre

Andre G. Bourassa bourassa.andre_g at UQAM.CA
Sun Jun 27 13:50:48 EDT 2010

Bonjour Louise,

For the beginning of  19th c., player Harriet L'Estrange Usher. She played, in English, in Montreal aud in Québec City, where she also directed the company the last years <http://www.theatrales.uqam.ca/fil5.html#t5>.

For the end of 19th c., player Kate Horn, died inMontreal in 1896, who succeeded her husband as diretor of Treatre Royal <http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~qcmtl-w/HornKate.html>.

For the first part of the 20th c., Martha Allan and Eleanor Stuart,  of the Montreal Repertory Theatre. They were both players and directors; Martha also wrote plays.

Amitiés,
André