Canadian Studies in the United States - conference

Scott, Shelley s.scott at ULETH.CA
Fri Nov 5 16:09:48 EDT 2010

I am Director of the Association for Canadian Studies in the United
States (ACSUS), a membership based non profit promoting greater
awareness of Canada in the US. We recently announced the Call for
Submissions for our 21st  Biennial Conference: "Ottawa: A Capital City".

Would you please share the information below with the CATR community? We
had a lot of success at our 2009 conference in San Diego by reaching out
to the CFHSS community. A link to the information presented below can be
found here:  http://www.acsus.org/display.cfm?id=275

Thank you,

David Archibald

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

21st ACSUS Biennial Conference

November 16-20, 2011

The Westin, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

The Association for Canadian Studies in the United States (ACSUS)
welcomes proposals

for papers, roundtables, workshops and poster presentations at its 21th
Biennial meeting

to be held in Ottawa, Ontario, November 16-20, 2011. ACSUS is a
multidisciplinary

organization that seeks to encourage the study of Canada and
U.S.-Canadian relations.

We welcome submissions from academics and professionals in the fields of
the

humanities, social sciences, business, education and the natural and
life sciences. The

theme for this biennial is "Ottawa: A Capital City" and affords
participants to explore a

host of sub themes associated with the city's function as the capital of
Canada.

All proposals should have a distinctive Canadian focus, but we also
encourage submissions

that consider Canada in a comparative context. We are particularly
interested in

receiving submissions that examine Canada within a Western Hemispheric
or global

setting. Proposals that seek to explore contemporary issues of concern
such as borders,

migration, trade, technology, the environment and education are
especially welcomed.

The conference will take place at the Westin in the heart of the city
and close to

Parliament Hill, the National Gallery and the Byward market area.. We
anticipate a high

level of interest in the Ottawa Biennial so we encourage you to submit
your proposal in a

timely fashion.

Conference Sections include: Anthropology, Sociology and First Nations;
Arts-Visual

and Performing; Business, Trade and Economics; Gender, Identity and
Diversity;

Geography, Resources, Environment; History; Border Issues and Migration;
Foreign

Policy and Defense; Literature in English; Literature in French;
Politics and Public

Policy; The North; Quebec and the French Presence in North America;
Education;

Canada in Comparative Perspective; Life Sciences and Technology. Poster
Sessions are

also planned.

The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2010.

PROPOSALS

Submissions must be made using the online submission forms

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Additional information concerning the biennial conference and associated
events can be

found at http://www.acsus.org/display.cfm?id=275

David Archibald

Executive Director

The Association for Canadian Studies in the United States

2030 M Street, NW, Suite 350

Washington, DC 20036

Tel: 202-775-9007

Fax: 202-775-0061

Web: www.acsus.org

21st ACSUS Biennial Conference, Westin Ottawa, Canada, November 16-20,
2011

ACSUS: 40 years of Canadian Studies, 1971-2011