TONIGHT - Practice-Based Research Showcase at the Drama Centre

Bruce Barton bruce.barton at UTORONTO.CA
Mon Nov 14 11:02:03 EST 2011

Hello, all.

If you happen to be in Toronto this evening I encourage you to join us for what promises to be a fascinating showcase of the 2011/12 MA class's Practice-Based Research experiments. Admission is free; just bring your curiosity.

Bruce
***

"What happens to a performance when the audience can tweet their ‘scene-by-scene’ reactions on a screen beside the stage…?"

PRACTICE-BASED RESEARCH SHOWCASE at the Graduate Centre for Study of Drama

Please join us for an evening of questions and discovery, as the MA class offers a showcase of its Practice-Based Research projects for the 2011/12 academic year. Located at the intersection of theory and practice, these experiments are animated by keen curiosity, rigorous design, and creative passion. The shape of the evening will be as diverse as the subject matter: the effect(s) of space on site-specific performers; the life of theatrical objects; the affective split of performer/character/self; the limits of Invisible Theatre; … and refining the technique of walking through a stone wall.

We welcome you to participate in our exploration.

November 14
7:30 - 11:30 pm
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
214 College Street, 3rd floor
416-978-7980 / http://www.graddrama.utoronto.ca

***

Bruce Barton
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama / 214 College Street, 3rd floor / Toronto, ON / M5T 2Z9
Department of English and Drama, UTM / 3359 Mississauga Road North / Mississauga, ON / L5L 1C6
Phone: 416-978-7983 / Fax: 416-971-1378
Email: bruce.barton at utoronto.ca

"You take a pinch of keyhole / And fold yourself up / You cut along the dotted lines / And think inside out."
Kate Bush, "How to be Invisible"