searching for info on Louise Thompson

Erin Hurley, Prof. erin.hurley at MCGILL.CA
Mon Apr 9 12:29:02 EDT 2012

Dear Candramers,

I’m forwarding this message on behalf of Sara Warner. Please respond to her directly at slw42 at cornell.edu if you have any relevant information on the whereabouts of Louise Thompson.

Cheers,
Erin
------ Forwarded Message
From: Sara Warner <slw42 at cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 03:29:09 +0000
To: "WomenAndTheatreList at athe.org" <WomenAndTheatreList at athe.org>
Subject: Women and Theatre Program List - searching for info on Louise Thompson

Greetings all,

I'm looking for information on a Canadian playwright named Louise Thompson (not the Harlem Renaissance personality Louise Thompson Patterson) who lived and worked in the East Village in the 1960s and 70s.  She was a theater critic for the "Majority Report" for a number of years and was part of several theater collectives.  I know of two plays she produced, "Impression of Loving," an anti-marriage tract staged by the New York Radical Feminists in 1973, and "Sexist Pig My Darling" performed at the Lincoln Square Arts Guild in 1979.  If anyone on the list ever met, worked with, or even heard of Thompson, please let me know.

Thanks!
Sara

-----------------------------
Sara L. Warner, Ph.D.