PGC's Tom Hendry Has Passed Away

David Ferry appledor at SYMPATICO.CA
Sun Dec 9 14:38:38 EST 2012

Well I would always defer to Don's expertise here...however as the Canadian Stage history sections states on their webpage...CanStage was founded via the merging of Toronto Free Theatre and Centrestage (formerly Toronto Arts Productions). I was a member of the TFT company at the time of the merger...AD Guy Sprung and Centrestage AD Bill Glassco became co-artistic directors, with the plan that Bill would be chief among chiefs for a season or two and then Guy would have his turn. Of course we all know what happened when Guy's turn came and he announced a whole season of Canadian scripts or adaptations. He was summarily tossed by the board (Ken Gass anyone) and I was one of many artists who lost gigs in the fallout.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if, at the time, Tom might have whispered...."I coulda told ya so."

Respectfully

David Ferry
Appledore Productions
416 433 5826