Grande Prairie Century Play, 2014 - invitation/information

Smith, Annie ASmith at GPRC.AB.CA
Fri Jun 15 18:02:35 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to bring the Grande Prairie Century Play project to your attention.  As the Artistic Director of this project, I am seeking researchers and participants who would like to be involved in any aspect of this 2 year project.  The GP Century Play follows the tradition of the Community Plays developed by the Colway Theatre Trust (now Claque Theatre) in the UK.  The occasion for the Century Play project is Grande Prairie's 100th Anniversary.  We are mobilizing to create an original community theatrical celebration that will be performed outdoors in June, 2014.  This is the first community play project in Alberta though Canada has seen community plays produced in Ontario (Jumblies Theatre), Saskatchewan (Common Weal), and BC (Vancouver Moving Theatre,  Runaway Moon Theatre).

I am particularly hoping that graduate students might be interested in becoming involved as researchers or interns in various aspects of the project – writing, design, music, choreography, acting, directing, dramaturgy, stage management, …  the possibilities are open to explore.  We will  be entering Phase 2 of the project in September, 2012.

I have attached a brief overview of the GP Century Play project and am happy to answer all inquiries.  Researchers interested in the community play process and projects should google the various companies named above as well as www.gpcenturyplay.org.

Many thanks,
Annie

Annie Smith, PhD
Drama Instructor
Grande Prairie Regional College
10726 – 106 Avenue
Grande Prairie AB  T8V 4C4
Office: L222
Phone: 780-539-2882
Email: asmith at gprc.ab.ca<applewebdata://89463515-6F2B-449F-8C26-19574CCEEF11/asmith@gprc.ab.ca>

“It is interesting to ask:  what are the limits you have set for your life?  Where are the lines of these limits?  Why do you think you cannot go beyond them?  How real are they?  Did you construct these limits out of anxiety and fear?  If you were to go beyond your most solidly set limits, what difference would it make to your life?  What are you missing by remaining confined?” John O’Donohue.

Drama interprets the world.
Come to GPRC for Drama
and find yourself and the world.