Practice-Based Research @ The Centre

Bruce Barton bruce.barton at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Nov 21 00:06:40 EST 2012

If you happen to be in Toronto and footloose on Thursday evening, we'd love for you to join us....

***

An Invitation from The Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies at the University of Toronto

Practice-Based Research @ The Centre:
A showcase of PBR projects conceived, designed, and executed by the members of DRA5000: Praxis

We invite you into our attempt to ask imaginative questions.

Strains of Infidelity
How would you feel if your lover left you? A scene from Harold Pinter's Betrayal, exploring culpability, theatrical pathos and possibility in rendering a vicarious representation of staged infidelity.

Movement of Voice
Our investigation will explore the relationships between the audience and the actor through the medium of the actor’s voice.  Who is emotionally obligated in a performance?  The audience?  The actor?  Both?

Tracing the Architecture of Theatrical Webs
This project explores audience strategies of attention, response, and interpretation across a variety of approaches to performance and modes of expression.

Experiencing Interpretation
Our research focuses on the impact of experience on interpretation.

THURSDAY / 22 November 2012 / 7 pm

The Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies / University of Toronto
214 College Street, 3rd floor / Toronto, ON / http://www.graddrama.utoronto.ca

FREE ADMISSION / ALL ARE WELCOME

***

Bruce Barton
Associate Director (Graduate) / Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies / 214 College Street, 3rd floor / Toronto, ON / M5T2Z9
Department of English and Drama, UTM 3359 Mississauga Road North / Mississauga, ON / L5L 1C6
Phone: 416-978-7983 / Fax: 416-971-1378
Email: bruce.barton at utoronto.ca