Seeking 10-minute LGBTQ plays for summer production at Georgia State University in Atlanta

Frank Miller frnklin2001 at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 8 15:58:15 EST 2013

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

GSU LGBTQ SHORTS

The GSU Players and University Theatre at Georgia State University will present three nights of short LGBTQ plays, to be presented July 25-28. 2013. We are looking for 10-minute plays that have themes relating to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and/or Queer Community. We are seeking 4-6 plays not previously produced in Georgia. Plays will be given a minimal production, using mostly student actors at the Alumni Hall Theatre in Dahlberg Hall on the GSU Campus.

If your play is chosen, you will be given a stipend of $150. We do not have a budget with which to bring in playwrights. If it is possible to video the production, playwrights will be sent a copy.

Please send no more than one play via email as an attachment in Microsoft Word (attachments we cannot open will not be read). Do not use PDF unless you have a document that does not include your name at any point. In the email, please include contact information. Emails should be sent to Hannah Wildes at hwildes1 at student.gsu.edu. Please do not send questions to that address. All questions about the festival and screening process should be sent to Frank Miller at frnklin2001 at att.net.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 20, 2013.

Playwrights chosen for the festival will be notified by April 15.

"You are entitled to your opinion, but if you express it in my presence, you are also entitled to mine."
					--Robbie St. Thomas
Frank Miller
frnklin2001 at att.net