Reminder: CFP 'In the Balance: Indigeneity, Performance, Globalization.'

O'Toole, Emer Emer.O'Toole at RHUL.AC.UK
Mon Mar 4 07:29:45 EST 2013

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

Reminder

Dear Colleagues and Postgraduates,

>From 24-27 October 2013, the Indigeneity in the Contemporary World Project will host a major international conference in Central London, U.K. This interdisciplinary event, entitled ‘In The Balance: Indigeneity, Performance, Globalization,’ examines the power and precariousness of indigeneity as a politicized cultural force in our unevenly connected world. The conference is planned in conjunction with a 17-day international festival and a performance-based exhibition, both focusing on First Nations Arts.

Keynote speakers are Faye Ginsburg, Michael Greyeyes, Tracy Devine Guzmán andMargaret Werry.

Deadline for proposals: 30 April 2013

Guidelines for proposals can be found at http://indigeneity.net/events/Cfp-In%20the%20Balance%20conference-final.pdf

Professor Helen Gilbert
Indigeneity in the Contemporary World Project
Centre for International Theatre and Performance Research
Royal Holloway, University of London
Www.indigeneity.net<http://www.indigeneity.net/>