Patrick O'Neill Award - CATR/ACRT

Day, Moira moira.day at USASK.CA
Fri Mar 8 20:15:42 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that the Patrick O'Neill award committee is going into the final weeks of its deliberations, and we'd like to make sure that we've considered everyone eligible for the award. The criteria is as below:

"The O’Neill award will be given each year to the best edited collection published in either English or French on a Canadian theatre and performance topic.The award will be offered to edited collections of essays and substantial special journal issues one year, and edited collections of plays and/or interviews the next, and thus cyclically; each year, the committee will therefore consider collections published in the previous two calendar years (that is, since the award was last given to a particular genre of edited collection)."

Since the award went last year to an edited collection of essays, this year we're concentrating on edited collections of plays and interviews. While we have access to the main play publishing catalogues, sometimes LISTSERV members see something off the beaten track that we might have missed, and should add to our list for consideration.

If you have collections you wish to nominate for the award or draw our attention to, could you please respond off-line to Robin Whittaker (rwhit at stu.ca), Nelson Gray (ncgray at uvic.ca) and Moira Day (moira.day at usask.ca)

Many thanks!
Robin, Nelson and Moira