plays with alternate endings

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Wed Mar 20 11:09:12 EDT 2013

The first Canadian one that pops to mind for me is Rex Deverell's TYA play, *Copetown City Kite Crisis*, where the audience votes for the ending it wants.

Cheers,

Ric

Co-editor, Theatre Journal
Professor of Theatre Studies
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
N1G 2W1

ph: 519-824-4120, x52931 (w)
FAX: 519-824-0560
email: rknowles at uoguelph.ca
http://www.uoguelph.ca/sets/sets-ric-knowles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Nichols" <gnichols at MTA.CA>
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:45:28 AM
Subject: plays with alternate endings

Hello

Class is working with Lion in the Streets this week and some students were struck by the presence of two possible endings and asked if this was unique. I said it’s not common but is far from unique… on the spot, however, I ran out of examples after an Acadian play I know and Fo’s Death of an Anarchist… figured I’d come up with some more before going back to class tomorrow but the mind is blank…. Any titles come to mind??

Glen