Playwrights Guild of Canada Annual Conference - Theatre of Disapproval

PGC Communications communications at PLAYWRIGHTSGUILD.CA
Mon Mar 25 12:55:33 EDT 2013

Thanks so much for helping us spread the word about our previous stuff. The
details for our conference are all ironed out now, and if you could mention
it in your next newsletter and generally spread the word, we'd appreciate
it very much. I am also attaching the conference and after-party poster
with this email.

Playwrights Guild of Canada will be hosting its annual conference this *June
1st, 2013*. The conference is titled *"Theatre of Disapproval"* and
includes the following panels:

*Censorship vs. Self-Censorship, moderated by Mark Leiren Young*
*The Cultural Experience: Mine vs. Ours, moderated by Ravi Jain*
*Exploitation vs. Exploration, moderated by Catherine Hernandez*
*
*
There will be a free lunch, during which conference attendees can meet and
network with Artistic Directors from various theatres and build
relationships. In addition, PGC in partnership with Theatre Museum Canada
will exhibit the *Playwrights’ Legends Library Project *throughout June 1st
and June 2nd.

There will be a keynote speech by award-winning American playwright *David
Henry Hwang*. The free after-party, on the evening of June 1st, will be a
chance to celebrate Canadian playwright over dinner and drinks, and hear
readings by *David Henry Hwang* and *Judith Thompson*.

More information can be found here: http://www.playwrightsguild.ca/events
To register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PGCconfAGM

--
*Sarah Malik
*
E: communications at playwrightsguild.ca
T: 416-703-0201     F: 416-703-0059

*SIGN UP FOR PGC’S FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
<http://eepurl.com/gIxP><http://eepurl.com/gIxP>
*

Join our Facebook page facebook.com/playwrightsguildofcanada
*
*