War on Terror plays?

Doolittle, Lisa doolittle at ULETH.CA
Fri Oct 18 12:45:49 EDT 2013

How about DUST (aka Petawawa) by Human Cargo.

Lisa Doolittle
Professor
Department of Theatre Arts, University of Lethbridge
________________________________
From: Canadian Theatre Research [CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA] on behalf of Lindsay Thistle [thistlelindsay at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 8:35 AM
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Subject: Re: War on Terror plays?

Hi Matt,

There is also The Dershowitz Protocol by Robert Fothergill.

Lindsay

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Matt Jones <mf.jones at mail.utoronto.ca<mailto:mf.jones at mail.utoronto.ca>> wrote:
Hello Candrama readers,

I'm compiling a bibliography of Canadian plays that deal with the War on Terror in some way, whether that be the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq or the domestic impact of the war. If anyone knows of any plays I'm neglecting, I'd be delighted to know about them. I've copied a list of the plays I've found below.

thanks,

Matt

Ada, Kawa. The Wanderers. Cahoots.

Behrens, Matthew and Laurel Smith. The Trial. Adapted from Franz Kafka.

Bush, Steven. Beating the Bushes.

Carlson, Tim. Diplomacy.

Eight Muslim Men Speak Out. Nuit Rouge.

Forsythe, James. Soldier Up.

Forsythe, James. Safer Ground.

Frid, Catherine. Homegrown.

Greyeyes, Michael and David Sait. A Soldier’s Tale.

Kamaledin, Hazim. Black Spring. MT Space.

Lepage, Robert. Playing Cards 1: Spades. ExMachina.

MacArthur, Greg. The Toxic Bus Incident.

Maghanoy, Jason. Gas/Dust.

Morris, Christopher and Jonathan Garfinkel. Dust. (Or Petawawa). Human Cargo.

Moscovitch, Hannah. This is War.

Parasram, Jiv. Guantanamo: Hotels and Resorts. Pandemic Theatre.

Pollock, Sharon. Man Out of Joint.

Thompson, Judith. Palace of the End.

Thompson, Judith. Nail Biter.

Tremblay, Pierre-Michel. Au Champs de Mars: A Story of War.

Varma, Rahul. Truth and Treason.

Walker, George F. Dead Metaphor.

Webber, Evan and Frank Cox-O’Connell. Little Iliad.

Youssef, Marcus, Guillermo Verdecchia, and Camyar Chai. Ali & Ali and the Deportation Hearings.

Youssef, Marcus, Guillermo Verdecchia, and Camyar Chai. The Adventures of Ali & Ali and the Axes of Evil: A Divertimento for Warloards.