Looking for Canadian biogrpahical dramas

T. Berto aberto at UOGUELPH.CA
Wed Oct 30 16:13:17 EDT 2013

Hello Candram:

Wondering if you could help. I'm trying to put together a reading list of Canadian biographical dramas for a first year course. That is plays that are based on real person(s) from history.

I have a few but would love to get more. Here's what I've come up with off the top of my head.

Bill Bishop goes to war - Eric Peterson
Walsh - Sharon Pollock
It's all true - Jason Sherman
His Greatness - Daniel MacIvor
The Golden Thug - Edward Roy
Cavafy
Pasolini/Pelosi
Capote at Yado
In Which Pier Paolo Pasolini Sees His Own Death in the Face of a Boy
My Night With Tennessee
More Divine
The Emotionalists - all by Sky Gilbert
Alien Creature: A Visitation from Gwendolyn MacEwen
Maggie and Pierre - Linda Griffiths
Detaining Mr. Trotsky by Robert Fothergil l
The Palace at the End - Judith Thompson
Angelique by Lorena Lillian Gale [

Dr. T. Berto
School of English and Theatre Studies,