Diana Taylor's keynote: NEW START TIME + updated program

Natalie Alvarez nalvarez at BROCKU.CA
Sun Feb 23 23:43:04 EST 2014

Dear colleagues,
   Diana Taylor's keynote address at the 2014 panamerican ROUTES/RUTAS
panamericanas conference on performance and human rights in the Americas
will now begin at *9:30am* this Friday, February 28th at the Daniels
Spectrum in Toronto's Regent Park. We've moved the start time in order to
make room in the conference schedule for a very exciting development: a
special performance of *The Making of Antígona* by Grupo Cultural
Yuyachkani immediately following Professor Taylor's address.

    Please see the updated festival and conference program attached. The
conference -- running Feb. 28th and March 1st, March 7th and 8th -- is
comprised of a series of "conversatorios" designed to engage artists,
activists, community leaders, and researchers in the humanities and social
sciences in conversations with the public on the urgent human rights issues
addressed in the festival's main stage performances. Since I last
circulated this program, we've been joined by many new participants,
including members of La Pocha Nostra and New York City's Yes Lab.

    Many thanks to our partners who have made this conference possible --
the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, the Canadian
Consortium on Performance and Politics in the Americas, English Teachers'
Federation of Ontario, Playwrights Canada Press -- and our keynote
co-sponsors: York University's Graduate Program in Theatre and Performance
Studies and the Performance Studies (Canada) Speaker Series, the University
of Toronto's Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies, and Brock
University's Department of Dramatic Arts.

   If you're in the vicinity, I do hope you can join us for these important
conversations. If not, the "conversatorios" can be followed on Twitter at
#RUTAS2014 or on our livestream at www.alunatheatre.ca.

Best wishes,
   Natalie

--
Natalie Alvarez, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain
recipient,
please notify the sender by e-mail and immediately delete this message and
its
contents. Thank you.