PGC's Annual Conference - Montreal, May 31, 2014

Rebecca Burton becca_burton3 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 11 16:40:08 EDT 2014

Hello Candramers,

Playwrights Guild of Canada is holding its annual conference, entitled
Text and Technology in Theatre, in Montreal this year. I hope you can
make it out!

Details are below and attached.

Cheers,

Rebecca

--

Rebecca Burton

Membership and Professional Contracts Manager

Playwrights Guild of Canada

401 Richmond Street West, Suite 350

Toronto, ON

M5V 3A8

Tel: 416-703-0201

Fax: 416-703-0059

Email: rebecca at playwrightsguild.ca

www.playwrightsguild.ca

www.facebook.com/playwrightsguildofcanada

twitter.com/pguildcanada

SIGN UP FOR PGC’S FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER - http://eepurl.com/gIxP

Playwrights Guild of Canada Conference

"Text & Technology in Theatre"

Saturday, May 31

Theatre de Quat'Sous 1pm to 5pm

100 Avenue des Pins Est, Montreal

To Register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K5HC8QX

Text in Theatre moderated by Daniel Karasik with panelists: Majdi Bou-Matar & Brian Drader

This session will be framed as a conversation that will begin with two
great theatre minds, discussing the use of language in theatre. For
example, there are a growing number of Canadian playwrights creating
work that do not derive from a literary disposition. Is the playwright’s
 role evolving from scribe to engineer?

The Technologized Playwright moderated by Elyne Quan with panelists: Alison Humphrey & Kevin Cunningham

This session will introduce creators to all the technological tools that
 exist for them to express their ideas, stories and images. The session
will also ask what we mean when we say "technology" in theatre terms,
and what areas (social media, sound, lighting, architecture,
configuration of the physical space, machinery, artificial intelligence)
 are practical/relevant in the performance space.

$30 for PGC Members/ Students

$50 for Non-Members

Evening of Playwright Readings

Free event

Playwrights Workshop Montreal, 6pm to 9pm

5337 Boul. St-Laurent 2nd floor, suite 240

Hosted by Michelle Kneale

Readers:

Rod Hayward (Montreal)

Colleen Curran (Montreal)