Medieval Drama Field School in UK offered by Queen's University

Jenn Stephenson jenn.stephenson at QUEENSU.CA
Fri Mar 28 10:46:53 EDT 2014

This year the Drama Department at Queen’s University is launching an immersive field school in Medieval Drama at our Bader International Study Centre (BISC) at Herstmonceux Castle, UK. (http://www.queensu.ca/international/bisc) We are offering two courses DRAM271 (3.0 units) Medieval Dramatic Literature (Instructor: Jenn Stephenson, Queen’s) and DRAM273 (3.0 units) Medieval Performance (Instructor: Peter Cockett, McMaster). The courses run for two weeks between Aug 11-26th. Besides studying medieval theatre in an actual 15th century castle, the highlight of the program will be an opportunity for the students to mount performances as part of a Medieval Fair which takes place annually on the Castle grounds.

Having completed enrolment among students at Queen’s Drama, we have a few spaces left and are keen to offer them widely to other undergraduate students in Theatre and Drama programs elsewhere. I have attached a flyer with the basic information. Please do advertise this widely to any students whom you think might be interested.

Thanks!!
Jenn Stephenson

Jenn Stephenson
Associate Professor, Drama
Queen’s University

Phone | (613) 533-6000 x78597
Web | www.queensu.ca/drama/jstephenson<http://www.queensu.ca/drama/jstephenson>
Twitter | @queensjenn
Blog | www.realtheatre.wordpress.com<http://www.realtheatre.wordpress.com>

Performing Autobiography: Contemporary Canadian Drama (UTP 2013)
http://www.utppublishing.com/Performing-Autobiography-Contemporary-Canadian-Drama.html

“There is no theory that is not a fragment, carefully prepared, of some autobiography” — Paul Valery