new, younger playwrights

Anne Nothof annen at ATHABASCAU.CA
Wed May 7 17:33:16 EDT 2014

Hello Malcolm

I suggest Jon Lachlan Stewart from Surreal SoReal Theatre in Edmonton.

Anne

Anne F. Nothof
Professor Emeritus
Centre for Language and Literature
Athabasca University
Editor: Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia (www.canadiantheatre.com)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Page" <page at SFU.CA>
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:08:17 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: new, younger playwrights

I have been asked to write a piece for Plays International, the British monthly, for a series on 'New Voices,'on Canada.   I would deal with about 6 playwrights who have had a first play performed not more than about ten years ago.   I have my own ideas, of course, but they risk being too Vancouver-centred.   Thus I would like to ask for any suggestions for writers I should consider as the most significant 'new voices.'   Thanks.
Malcolm Page

--
---