Staging poetry

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Thu Nov 27 21:27:31 EST 2014

Hi,

Guillermo Verdecchia's *bloom* at Modern Times Stage Company, dir. Soheil Parsa, was "inspired by" T.S. Eliot's *The Wasteland* (and other poems), and retained much of the poetic feel (including in the movement).

Ric

Editor, Theatre Journal
Professor of Theatre Studies
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
N1G 2W1

ph: 519-824-4120, x52931 (w)
FAX: 519-824-0560
email: rknowles at uoguelph.ca
http://www.uoguelph.ca/sets/sets-ric-knowles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Kemp" <rkemp at IUP.EDU>
To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:24:13 PM
Subject: Re: Staging poetry

Dear Conrad -hello!
I worked on creating and performing a devised performance of poems from Michael Ondaatje's 'The Collected Works of Billy the KId.' This was a new piece, prepared with Ondaatje's collaboration, not the scripted adaptation that was published some years ago.
The piece was conceived and directed by Dan Jemmet, who works mainly in Europe (Comedie Francaise, Theatre Vidy, Lausanne, Teatro Della Abaddia, Madrid). It was originally produced by Quantum Theatre and 404 Strand in Pittsburgh in 2007, and invited to Madrid's Festival de Otono in the same year. In 2013, we were invited to present it at Peter Brook's Bouffes du Nord theatre in Paris.
What sort of evidence are you seeking to gather?

With best wishes,
Rick Rick Kemp, PhD
Professor, Head of Acting and Directing
Department of Theater and Dance
Embodied Acting: What Neuroscience Tells Us About Performance
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415507882/
Editorial Board, Theatre, Dance and Performance Training Journal
http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rtdp20