ACTS

Kathryn Harvey kaharvey at UOGUELPH.CA
Tue Oct 21 14:09:44 EDT 2014

Hi Cindy, all,

Unfortunately, the site is no longer active. A simple message on its
former URL reads:

    Hello! The /ACTS Theatre Playbill Archive/ -- hosted by the
    Electronic Text Centre <http://etc.lib.unb.ca/> at UNB Libraries
    <http://lib.unb.ca/> -- has reached End of Life and has been removed.

    If you have any questions about this change, please contact The
    Electronic Text Center at UNB Libraries.

    Thank you for your understanding.

Since much of the content was provided via databases, even the Wayback
Machine <https://archive.org/web/>wasn't able to capture the info. The
HTML pages are there
<https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.lib.unb.ca/Texts/Theatre/>, but the
search engines don't work.

A few years ago, I had put together a project proposal which would have
seen a renewal of the site, making it more search-friendly and possibly
even updating some of the contents. That project did not come to
fruition, though, for a variety of reasons.

Since its former home has been unable to provide continued access even
to an outdated version, it would be wonderful if someone else could
assume the mantle of ensuring that the work of the dedicated theatre
scholars who originally contributed content could again be made
available to the community.

Cheers,
Kathryn

Kathryn Harvey, PhD