Fw: Panel Possibilities for ATHE in Montreal

Lionel Walsh walsha at UWINDSOR.CA
Sat Sep 27 13:17:34 EDT 2014

Lionel Walsh, Associate Dean
Academic and Student Affairs
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON
N9B  3P4  Canada
www.uwindsor.ca/fahss
519/253-3000, ext. 2029

Associate Professor
School of Dramatic Art
519-253-3000, ext. 2820
Fax: 519-971-3629
www.uwindsor.ca/drama
----- Forwarded by Lionel Walsh/walsha/University of Windsor on 2014-09-27
01:15 PM -----

From:   JLipkin at aol.com
To:     walsha at uwindsor.ca
Date:   2014-09-25 10:37 AM
Subject:        Panel Possibilities for Montreal

Hello friends,

I hope your semesters are going well. I feel as if if I blink, the
deadline for ATHE submissions will be here.

I recently completed an exciting project at Davidson College as the Bacca
Artist in Residence where I created an original performance piece with
students based on their own writing called "Let's Talk about Sex, Baby" in
conjunction with both an on the ground and MOOC course about HIV/AIDS and
an art exhibit at the college on the same theme.

I am very interested in talking about this work in Montreal next summer.
Clearly, there are several possible tie ins. Devising. Making work in a
compressed period of time.  The viability of making work related to
courses on campus. Working with students of various backgrounds and
abilities. Looking at sexuality as a theme. Exploring interdisciplinary
connections on campuses. Discussing my process and that of others to make
this kind of work, etc

I am embedding a link  that the college did about the project and my
process.

http://www.davidson.edu/news/news-stories/140919-q-and-a-with-bacca-artist-in-residence-joan-lipkin

I would be grateful if people would be interested in forming a panel or
perhaps adding me on to one of theirs that is in progress.  I may be
reached at jlipkin at aol.com. Tim Miller and I joke that we are two of the
few people on the planet who still use it well. But we have decided we are
classic, like Coke.

Thanks for thinking about this and do let me know if you have any
questions.
If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove
yourself by visiting:
http://www.athe.org/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=24380068&e=walsha@uwindsor.ca&h=0d202576953c5496b170204fb416d421d36489cf

Association for Theatre in Higher Education
PO Box 1290
Boulder, CO 80306