Book Proposal Readers

SCOTT DUCHESNE sduches1 at ROGERS.COM
Thu Feb 19 13:00:49 EST 2015

Hi everyone,
I currently have a book proposal under consideration, and the publisher (Anthem Press) has requested that I compile a list of people who would be interested in reading it and to comment on the merit, originality, etc. of the work.
Here is an excerpt from the proposal: "[This book will conduct] aclose reading of the character of Khan Noonien Singh in the Star Trek franchise, examining the character’s development,in a variety of mediums, from his appearance in the original series episode“Space Seed” (1967) to the feature film Star Trek: Into Darkness(2013) and the five issue comic book series, Star Trek:Khan (2013 – 2014). This study will analyze issues of ethnic andcultural representation, utilizing an integrated application of postmodernismand critical race theory, as well as a semiotic approach to the examination ofrepresentation to support the thesis that Khan functions as a complex andplayful signifier of cultural anxieties and aspirations in the Western worldthat, like the franchise itself, is simultaneously pragmatic and utopian, andseeks, through a complex synthesis of representation, narrative and counternarrative that confront the solidity of racist systems, and advocates for thereversal of discrimination and the establishment of “total equality”."If you are interested or willing, or if you know someone who might be, I'd be grateful if you let me know.
Cheers!