History, Memory, Performance

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at UOTTAWA.CA
Fri Jan 9 11:53:46 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

Since many CANDRAMA subscribers were involved in the conference that we hosted in Ottawa, we thought that some of you might be interested to know about our book History, Memory, Performance just out from Palgrave Macmillan:
http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/?K=9781137393883&WT.mc_id=EMI_PALGRAVE_1501_SRL1273-Author-Publication-Notification-Jan-AUTFORTY%20(1)&WT.i_dcsvid=&spMailingID=47779682&spUserID=MTIyNjY2OTk2NTgxS0&spJobID=601357872&spReportId=NjAxMzU3ODcyS0

We're really proud of the insightful, engaging essays that our contributors wrote for this collection:

1. Discursive Practices and Narrative Models: History, Poetry, Philosophy; Freddie Rokem
2. Performing Pasts for Present Purposes: Reenactment as Embodied, Performative History; Katherine Johnson
3. Minding the Gap: The Choreographer as Hyper-historian in Oral History-based Performance; Jeff Friedman
4. Un/becoming Nomad: Marc Lescarbot, Movement, and Metamorphosis in Les Muses de la Nouvelle France; VK Preston
5. Group Biography, Montage, and Modern Women in Hooligans and Building Jerusalem; Nancy Copeland
6. Alexander Pushkin's Boris Godunov as Epic Theatre; J. Douglas Clayton
7. Shakespeare Inside out: Hamlet as Intertext in the USSR 1934-1943; Irena R. Makaryk
8. Raoul Wallenberg on Stage - or at Stake? Guilt and Shame as Obstacles in the Commemoration of a Holocaust Hero; Tanja Schult
9. Staging Auschwitz, Making Witnesses: Performances between History, Memory, and Myth; Rachel E. Bennett
10. Real Archive, Contested Memory, Fake History: Transnational Representations of Trauma by Lebanese War Generation Artists; Johnny Alam
11. Performing Collective Trauma: 9/11 and the Reconstruction of American Identity; Josy Miller
12. Brazilian Contemporary Theatre: Memories of Violence on the Post-Dictatorship Stage; Claudia Tatinge Nascimento
13. Bent and the Staging of the Queer Holocaust Experience; Samantha Mitschke
14. Partners in Conversation: Ethics and the Emergent Practice of Oral History Performance; Edward Little and Steven High

Cordially,

David Dean
Yana Meerzon
Kathryn Prince