Equity in Theatre: Hackathon

Laine Newman laineyale at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 4 07:13:06 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

A quick reminder about our upcoming *Equity Hackathon *this International
Women’s Day! Join us as we hack the Internet to increase the visibility of
Canadian women in theatre online!

Equity in Theatre has partnered with theatres and organizations throughout
the country to host Equity Hackathons this *SUNDAY MARCH 8, 2015.* We
invite you to join us at one of our many “Hack Locations” or if you are
unable to make it in person, register with us virtually to participate. For
a full list of our partners and locations visit:
https://equityhack.wordpress.com/locations/

A *hackathon* is an event where a group of people come together and ‘hack’
the Internet. For International Women’s Day, this national event aims to
increase the amount of information on Canadian women in theatre online.
This Sunday theatre companies and practitioners will join forces to add
online pages to wiki sites on diverse women in the Canadian theatre
industry. Contribute to an already published wikipage or create your own. We
are encouraging everyone to edit and add pages to Theatrewiki.ca.

Our website provides links and step-by-step information on how to publish
pages and we will be available via email, social media or our contact page
if you have questions.

*For times and locations please check our website: equityhack.wordpress.com
<http://equityhack.wordpress.com>*

 We look forward to hacking with you this Sunday!

Laine Zisman Newman

Co-organizer, Equity in Theatre

Equityintheatre at gmail.com

http://www.eit.playwrightsguild.ca/