Truth and Reconciliation Commission on the Indian Residential Schools, Ottawa, May 31-June 3, 2015

Keren Zaiontz kzaiontz at SFU.CA
Wed May 27 11:24:13 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

As some of you already know, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission on the Indian Residential Schools will be holding their final meeting in Ottawa during Congress and CATR.

http://www.trc.ca/

The TRC is open to the public and there are many events that invite Canadians to witness survivance through ceremonies, gatherings, and the overview of reports:

http://www.trc.ca/websites/trcinstitution/index.php?p=838

On Sunday, there will be a Walk for Reconciliation through downtown Ottawa at 11AM. (I've pasted the description below.) If you want to join me on this walk just drop me a note and we can coordinate a meeting point.

Walk for Reconciliation – May 31, 2015 from École secondaire de l'Île in Gatineau to Marion Dewar Plaza (Ottawa City Hall)
Join thousands of walkers on May 31, 2015 as we walk in solidarity with Survivors of Indian Residential Schools and take a stand for better relations between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Canadians; relations built on respect, understanding and hope for a better future for all Canadians.

See you soon--

With best wishes,

Keren

--