Dominion drama festival archives

Robin Whittaker rwhit at STU.CA
Wed Oct 21 20:35:11 EDT 2015

The DDF turned into “Theatre Canada” in 1970. It continued to showcase plays for a couple of years (but not in a competition format) until it dissolved into an archive of itself, and then dissolved completely 45 years after it began.

There is a finding aid here: http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000001498.pdf

Depending on the scope of your project, your best bet may be to contact the specific theatre companies who entered plays in the DDF during the 60s and ask if you can access the scripts you’re looking for. I have some information on a few scripts if you want to contact me off-list.

I’d be interested to know if you, or anyone else, knows of any other, more thorough, collections.

Best,
Robin.

--
Dr. Robin C. Whittaker