[Candrama] Large Cast Plays by Canadian Women

PGC Membership Rebecca Burton membership at playwrightsguild.ca
Mon Aug 8 13:11:51 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

I posed this question on the Canadian Theatre Research and Performance
Facebook page, but I thought I would send it out here as well:

What are your favourite large cast (6 or more characters) plays by Canadian
women?

I ask because Equity and Diversity in the Arts at UTSC and Equity in Theatre
(EIT) <http://www.eit.playwrightsguild.ca/>  are spearheading P.L.E.D.G.E (a
Production Listing for Enhancing Diversity and Gender Equity). Our first
major project is the creation of a database of large-cast Canadian plays by
women. The database will help students, educators, and others find and
familiarize themselves with a rich selection of work by Canadian women
playwrights that can be included in curriculum and/or selected for mainstage
production; a necessary endeavour, since only 17% of the works produced on
our university and college mainstages are written by women (Hansen and
Elser).

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Rebecca

---

Rebecca Burton

Membership and Professional Contracts Manager,

EIT Co-Organizer,

Playwrights Guild of Canada

401 Richmond Street West, Suite 350

Toronto, ON  M5V 3A8

Phone: #416-703-0201

Email:  <mailto:rebecca at playwrightsguild.ca> rebecca at playwrightsguild.ca

_____________________________________

 <http://www.playwrightsguild.ca/> www.playwrightsguild.ca
 <http://www.facebook.com/playwrightsguildofcanada>
www.facebook.com/playwrightsguildofcanada
 <http://twitter.com/pguildcanada> twitter.com/pguildcanada

SIGN UP FOR PGC'S FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER -
<http://eepurl.com/gIxP> http://eepurl.com/gIxP

Support EIT, a multi-faceted and inclusive Equity in Theatre initiative, by
following us on Facebook ( <https://www.facebook.com/EquityinTheatre>
https://www.facebook.com/EquityinTheatre) and Twitter (
<https://twitter.com/EquityInTheatre> https://twitter.com/EquityInTheatre),
or visit the EIT website at  <http://www.eit.playwrightsguild.ca/>