CATR 2016 January update

Kim Solga ksolga at UWO.CA
Sat Jan 9 12:14:28 EST 2016

Hello friends!

Your CATR 2016 organising team is hard at work preparing for what promises to be a terrific four days in Calgary in May. As we emerge into the new year, a few quick notes to help you start planning your travel and accommodation.

FIRST, please remember that the deadline for proposals for the GENERAL OPEN PAPER CALL is next Friday, 15 January. Proposals should be sent to CATR2016 at gmail.com <mailto:CATR2016 at gmail.com>; they should be approximately 250 words, and can include a short bio (50+/- words) in addition.

SECOND, note that Congress registration is now open! Early bird pricing is available until the end of March. (Take advantage: why pay more?)

FINALLY, note that we are hard at work organising a pre-conference away day at the Banff Centre, a short drive from Calgary. This will be an opportunity to meet artists and programmers in residence, to experience Banff town, and to see the glorious rocky mountains up close. (They are tantalisingly on the horizon in Calgary, but nothing beats being in their midst.) As you plan your journey, consider arriving on Thursday rather than Friday, so that you're able to take advantage of what promises to be a really fun and illuminating day away.

As always, questions regarding the conference details, programming, proposals, or anything else related to the event can be directed to Kim Solga, National Program Chair, at CATR2016 at gmail.com <mailto:CATR2016 at gmail.com>.

We look forward to seeing you in Spring!

Kim Solga
Bruce Barton