Once again, help requested ...

SCOTT DUCHESNE sduches1 at ROGERS.COM
Mon Jun 27 12:48:16 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,
As some of you might know, I'm working on a critical edition of Roy Mitchell's "Creative Theatre", and I've been coming across some very obscure ideas and passages. I thank everyone for their past efforts, and rest assured you will be mentioned in the acknowledgements section, as well as this listserv.
Once again, Mitchell has confounded me. He writes: "He says: “Miss Blankis the hit of that show, and if I had her I could do well.” So he outbids,perhaps at a fabulous price, the discoverer of the marvel, who probably taughther all she knows, not as teaching for itself but as eliciting what he neededfor some play of his own, and exploits her recently acquired tricks. But he hasforgotten the little poem about the maiden’s charm being enhanced by thewhite-robed village choir, and the marvel out of her original setting failshim."

What poem is he referring to? I'm lost.
Cheers!