Position at University of the Fraser Valley

Heather Davis-Fisch heatherdavisfisch at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 19 10:50:34 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,
The Theatre department at the University of the Fraser Valley looking for someone who is excited about introducing students to theatre and performance studies to teach our THEA 101 (Introduction to Theatre Studies) course in Fall 2016. The course is scheduled on Monday afternoons at UFV's Abbotsford campus. Please feel free forward this to any recent PhD grads or PhD candidates in Vancouver/Lower Mainland. The posting can be found at: http://www.ufv.ca/media/assets/human-resources/careers/faculty/2016/Instructor,-Theatre.pdf and I've also pasted it below. I'm happy to respond to any questions off list as well.
Best,
Heather

Sessional Opening

Posting	2016.72
Position	Instructor, Theatre
Department	Theatre
Appointment 	Sessional Faculty
Semester	Fall 2016 (September – December)
Salary	$6,081.91 - $6,243.63 per section
Closing Date	June 15, 2016

The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.

The Theatre department requires a sessional instructor to teach THEA 101 Introduction to Theatre Studies. THEA 101 introduces students to researching theatre and analyzing dramatic and performance texts. Students will observe, discuss, and write critically about live theatre and performance. The course requires students to attend live performances in the Lower Mainland. The course is scheduled on Monday afternoons at UFV’s Abbotsford campus.

Qualifications
Candidates must have a PhD in Theatre (or related field) or be ABD. Evidence of successful post-secondary teaching, or equivalent, is required. Experience teaching introductory academic writing is an asset.
Applications should include a cover letter, a current CV, and evidence of teaching effectiveness or potential.
Direct applications by June 15, 2016, referring to Posting 2016.72 to:

Human Resources
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2S 7M8
Tel: (604) 854-4554	Fax: (604) 854-1538	Website: www.ufv.ca
Email resumes and cover letter to: hrinfo at ufv.ca

Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.  In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview.  We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.