[Candrama] Performance Matters 2.2 Published

Peter Dickinson peter_dickinson at sfu.ca
Thu Nov 24 12:04:00 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues:

Performance Matters has just published its latest issue at http://performancematters-thejournal.com/index.php/pm <http://performancematters-thejournal.com/index.php/pm>. It is our biggest issue yet and includes four significant new scholarly articles, a special curated Forum section on Dance Studies in Canada, and three reviews of major new books in the field. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our web site to read articles and items of interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,

Peter Dickinson, Editor

Performance Matters
Vol 2, No 2 (2016)
Table of Contents
http://performancematters-thejournal.com/index.php/pm/issue/view/4 <http://performancematters-thejournal.com/index.php/pm/issue/view/4>

Editorial Notes
--------
Moving Critically (1-3)
	Peter Dickinson

Articles
--------
Provocative Atmospheres, Refracted Nations, and the Performance of Light (4-22)
	Joanne Zerdy,	Marlis Schweitzer
The Invisible Helen Levitt (23-42)
	Alison V. Dean
The Politico-Aesthetics of Groundlessness and Philippe Petit’s High Wire Walk (43-62)
	Gwyneth Jane Shanks
Knowing Ways in the Digital Age: Indigenous Knowledge from Idle No More to The Unplugging (63-80)
	Kimberley McLeod

Forum
--------
Introduction to The Other 'D': A Forum on Dance Studies in Canada (81-83)
	Seika Boye, T. Nikki Cesare Schotzko, Heather Fitzsimmons Frey, Evadne Kelly
The Other D Keynote Address: Disciplinarity and the Future of Dance in Canadian Universities (84-94)
	Allana Lindgren
In the Space of Interdisciplinary Dialogue: Generating Ethnographic Research on Dance/Movement in Canada (95-109)
	Evadne Kelly
Dancing Between Old Worlds and New: Max Nordau's New Jew Idea and its Manifestation in Pre-State Israeli Folk Dance (110-122)
	Gdalit Neuman
Performing Ideas ... Expertly (123-131)
	Henry I Daniel
Midwifing Transitions: The Labour of Publishing in the History of Dance and Dance Studies in Canada (132-139)
	Megan Andrews
revised formations, post-discplinary dance (140-142)
	MJ Thompson
States of Insurrection in Native Girl Syndrome (143-150)
	Stefanie Ellen Miller
How We Got Here: A View from the US Academy (151-158)
	Susan Manning
Maps, Trespassing and the Periphery: Reflections on the Location of Dance Studies in Canada (159-163)
	Seika Boye, Emma Doran

Reviews
--------
Review of Shattering Hamlet's Mirror: Theatre and Reality, by Marvin Carlson (164-165)
	Kelsey Laine Jacobson
Review of Robert Lepage on the Toronto Stage: Language, Identity, Nation, by Jane Koustas. (166-173)
	Melissa June Poll
Review of Cirque Global: Inspiring Cultural Exports, edited by Louis Patrick Leroux and Charles Batson (174-176)
	Peta Tait

Performance Matters
http://performancematters-thejournal.com <http://performancematters-thejournal.com/>
_________________
Peter Dickinson, PhD
604-908-0993 • peter_dickinson at sfu.ca <mailto:peter_dickinson at sfu.ca>

Professor, Department of English
Simon Fraser University • Office: AQ 6117
www.sfu.ca/english <http://www.sfu.ca/english>

Professor, School for the Contemporary Arts
SFU Woodward’s • Office: GCA 2380
www.sfu.ca/sca <http://www.sfu.ca/sca>

Director, Institute for Performance Studies
SFU at Harbour Centre • Office: HC 3205
www.sfu.ca/ips <http://www.sfu.ca/ips>