[Candrama] CATR Emerging Scholar Task Force needs info! (Alt-academic and non-academic careers)

Jess Riley drjessriley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 09:19:52 EDT 2016

Good morning Canadian theatre people,

I’m writing on behalf of one of the sub-committees of the newly formed CATR
task force devoted to Emerging Scholars. We are currently in an
information-gathering phase, and looking for your help.

For today, my big question for the group is this:

What percentage of the CATR membership can be identified as pursuing
alt-academic or non-academic careers?

Any information will be warmly welcomed at this stage.

I’d particularly like to hear from you if you are a CATR member and:

·       you identify as a non-traditional academic

·       your are an artist/practitioner (including if you are an artist as
well as a scholar)

·       your career has taken you away from a traditional academic setting
(instead of or in addition to a traditional one)

·       you are currently in grad school and are planning a non-traditional
career path

I’d also welcome any leads. If someone comes to mind as a member of CATR
who falls into one of these categories, please do pass on my contact
information.

I can be reached by email at drjessriley at gmail.com. Many thanks in advance
for getting in touch!

Very best,

Jess

Jessica Riley, PhD

Independent Scholar

Editor, *A Man of Letters: The Selected Dramaturgical Correspondence of
Urjo Kareda* (Playwrights Canada 2017)

drjessriley at gmail.com