[Candrama] PERFORMANCE HISTORY WORKING GROUP CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS (revised)

SJohnson Research Account sjohnson.research at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:48:51 EST 2017

Please post and distribute:

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

(second call--revised)

PERFORMANCE HISTORY WORKING GROUP

Canadian Association for Theatre Research/ Association canadienne de la recherche théâtrale (ACRT)

Co-Organziers:  Stephen Johnson, Marlis Schweitzer, Sasha Kovacs, Heather Davis-Fisch, Roberta Barker

Conference:  Tuesday 29 May through Friday 1 June 2018 at the Isabel Bader Centre for Performing Arts, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario

Deadline for intent to join: January 15, 2018

Proposals are invited for members of the Performance History Working Group, which will consider the challenges of performance history as it relates to the ongoing research of participants.

This inaugural session of the Working Group will explore the relationship between the historian of performance and documentary evidence; but because this is an inaugural meeting, we will focus on recent concerns and significant challenges that participants have experienced, as a means to establish the larger on-going issues the Working Group should explore.

The meeting of this Working Group at CATR/ACRT 2018 in Kingston, Ontario is part of a larger pattern of activity, which includes: the regular communication through an online blog; the active mentorship of emerging scholars; on-line meetings to discuss readings and research questions; local and regional meetings; and a meeting a the annual CATR conference.

To join this Working Group, please contact Stephen Johnson (sjohnson.research at gmail.com).  Please include a brief statement of your research interests, and a particular challenge or concern you would like discussed by the Working Group, as we develop our on-line conversations (500 words, more or less).  We encourage the participation of graduate students, scholars early in their careers, and seasoned veterans. The area of research is not restricted to a particular time or place.

We welcome questions in advance of submitting a proposal.

Once membership in the group is confirmed, participants will be asked to contribute to a website in advance of the conference for viewing by participants and registrants. Contributions will be used as the pretexts for our discussion together.

Note that all participants must be members of CATR.  Members who cannot attend the conference are welcome to join.  Contact Stephen Johnson with any questions.

See https://catr2018.wordpress.com