[Candrama] looking for Thomas hill's "The Provincial Association"

Robin Whittaker rwhit at stu.ca
Fri Nov 24 15:14:58 EST 2017

Hi Tony (et al.),

Recently I’ve had great luck, sometimes needing a few inventive search techniques, finding dozens of out-of-print plays on archive.org<http://archive.org>. I’m not seeing it there, but you might.

Also, you may have found that Ed Mullaly’s 1992 piece in TRIC 13:1-2 somewhat cryptically states, “Only one copy of Thomas Hill’s satire on New Brunswick politics The Provincial Association has surfaced recently, and its possessor refuses to let anyone see it. Any exploration of the Fredericton audience’s relationship with these plays is surely made difficult by the absence of precise script information.” As Ed’s unofficial “replacement” as the only theatre researcher in Fredericton these days, I’d be curious to find out more about this too! (Also curious to know who that recalcitrant “possessor” was!)

Ed’s piece is here: https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/TRIC/rt/printerFriendly/7243/8302#a10

You might try contacting the UNB HIL Library. One would hope that said possessor might have loosened their grip, and surely it would find its way there. (Feel free to keep me in the loop on this!)

Cheers,
Robin.

--
Dr. Robin C. Whittaker