[Candrama] Canadian Theatre Review launch on Monday

Matthew Jones mf.jones at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 8 14:24:09 EDT 2018

For those in Toronto, please join us this Monday at 5pm for the launch of the new issue of Canadian Theatre Review on Post-Truth! Details below.

Matt

Alternative facts? Fake news? The latest issue of Canadian Theatre Review explores how theatre and performance in Canada are reckoning with renewed cultural interest in how we parse fact from fiction. Join us as we celebrate the launch of issue number 175 on “Post-Truth,” with free snacks and appearances from the contributors.

The Canadian Theatre Review features thought-provoking plays and articles on current issues and trends in Canadian theatre. CTR provides the Canadian theatre community with in-depth feature articles, manifestos, slideshows, videos, design portfolios, photo essays, and other documents that reflect the challenging forms that theatre takes in the contemporary Canadian arts scene.

Available in print and online at CTR Online (ctr.utpjournals.press) and Project MUSE (http://bit.ly/ctrmuse.)

For more information about the SummerWorks Exchange visit:
http://summerworks.ca/exchange/

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:00pm-6:00pm
Venue: The Theatre Centre – Cafe, 1115 Queen Street West
Free Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/422308371607696/

The SummerWorks Exchange is a new stream of the Festival, encapsulating our professional development and industry activities. Exchange Events are included for Accredited Industry Pass Holders, and members of the general public can purchase a ticket that gives them access to all events during the day. For more information, visit summerworks.ca/exchange

--
Part of The SummerWorks Performance Festival
August 9-19

SummerWorks supports work that has a clear artistic vision and explores a specific theatrical aesthetic. It encourages risk, questions, and creative exploration while insisting on accessibility, integrity, and professionalism. This year’s 11-day Festival features over 30 unique projects as part of SummerWorks Presentations and SummerWorks Lab. New this year - we’re teaming up with an incredible group of arts organizations to bring you the SummerWorks Exchange, a new stream of the Festival that features artist workshops and professional development opportunities.

FESTIVAL PASSES (4-Ticket, 8-Ticket, and 12-Ticket): are now on sale. Single tickets can be purchased online starting July 16th.

For more information on tickets, passes, and how to access of box office, visit summerworks.ca/tickets

ACCESS
All SummerWorks venues are physically accessible, and many events offer accessible options such as ASL Interpretation, Relaxed Performances, and free or discounted tickets. For more info on accessibility at SummerWorks, visit summerworks.ca/access