[Candrama] CFP: Theatre Research In Canada (this time with actual content!)

Kim Solga ksolga at uwo.ca
Sun Feb 11 11:44:53 EST 2018

Hi again friends,

It’s come to my attention that my previous post of this nature did not include the content part of the post… huge apologies. See details below. All questions welcome.

Kim

KIM SOLGA
Editor in Chief, Theatre Research In Canada/Recherches théâtrales au Canada
Professor, Theatre Studies
Department of English & Writing Studies
Arts and Humanities Building 3G14
Western University
London, ON N6A 3K7
CANADA
ksolga at uwo.ca

Recently published
A Cultural History of Theatre in the Modern Age (Bloomsbury 2017)
Theatre & Feminism (Palgrave 2015)
Performance and the Global City (2013; ppb 2015)

Questions about Theatre Studies @ Western? http://www.uwo.ca/theatrestudies/

Call for Papers:
Theatre Research in Canada/Recherches théâtrales au Canada 39.2: General Issue

Theatre Research in Canada is seeking submissions on all topics related to Canadian theatre and performance, both historical and contemporary, in national, international, and transnational contexts, including trans-indigenous and migration contexts. Papers with a historiographical focus are particularly welcome at this time.

TRIC is Canada’s only peer-reviewed journal with an explicit focus on Canadian and québécois theatre in both official languages. We are looking for original studies of all aspects of theatre production, as well as theoretically-grounded studies of individual dramatic works and performance texts.

The journal also welcomes and encourages submissions on performance studies topics, including: the performance of everyday life; the performativity of race, gender, class, and other identity categories; and the performance of nation or community through public acts or spectacles (to name but a few).

TRIC/RTAC remains dedicated to supporting research that explores First Nations theatre and performance cultures in Canada, as well as those of other historically disadvantaged social groups.

For detailed submission guidelines see: http://tricrtac.ca/en/for-authors/.

Submissions should be sent to our tric.rtac at utoronto.ca with our editor, Kim Solga, copied (ksolga at uwo.ca).

Any submissions received by May 1, 2018 will be considered for our next scheduled general issue.