[Candrama] New Monograph: The Performative Power of Vocality by Virginie Magnat (Routledge Voice Studies Series)

Magnat, Virginie virginie.magnat at ubc.ca
Sun Dec 15 00:37:37 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to announce the publication of my monograph, The Performative Power of Vocality, in the Routledge Voice Studies Series. Addressed to qualitative researchers, artist-scholars, and activists committed to decolonization, cultural revitalization, and social justice, this book opens up new avenues of understanding across Indigenous and Western philosophy, performance studies, musicology, ethnomusicology, sound and voice studies, anthropology, sociology, phenomenology, cognitive science, physics, ecology, and biomedicine.

https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179

<https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179>

<https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179>

[https://images.tandf.co.uk/common/jackets/amazon/978113865/9781138659179.jpg]<https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179>

The Performative Power of Vocality: 1st Edition (Hardback) - Routledge<https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179>
www.routledge.com
The Performative Power of Vocality offers a fresh perspective on voice as a subject of critical inquiry by employing an interdisciplinary and cross-cultural approach. Conventional treatment of voice in theatre and performance studies too often regards…

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year,

Virginie Magnat

Virginie Magnat, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Performance
https://fccs.ok.ubc.ca/about/contact/Virginie-Magnat<https://fccs.ok.ubc.ca/about/contact/virginie-magnat/>
<https://research.ok.ubc.ca/about/research-excellence-clusters/health-wellbeing.html>
https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179
<https://www.routledge.com/The-Performative-Power-of-Vocality-1st-Edition/Magnat/p/book/9781138659179><https://www.canadianscholars.ca/books/research-as-reconciliation>