[Candrama] MA and MFA Programs in Theatre, University of Ottawa

Yana Meerzon Yana.Meerzon at uOttawa.ca
Thu Feb 7 18:24:15 EST 2019

[cid:image001.png at 01D4BF12.110FC630]

UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
Master of Arts in Theatre (MA) (Theatre Theory and Dramaturgy)

http://www.theatre.uottawa.ca/eng/program_masters_information.html

This program gives students an opportunity to develop and perfect their analytical and scholarly skills required for doctoral studies. It also offers a chance to master new approaches in practice of dramaturgy and creative writing for performance,

with traditional MA thesis OR an MA thesis with creative project.

The application process is on-going. We consider all applications until the program is filled.

Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Directing<https://arts.uottawa.ca/theatre/en/programs/mfa-directing/additional-information>:

https://arts.uottawa.ca/theatre/en/programs/mfa-directing/additional-information

Attached to the BFA in acting program, our MFA students work in state-of-the-art theatre spaces (3 theatres, 6 studios), taking practical (4) and academic (2) seminars. They direct three productions of varying sizes, some of which are with professional actors or designers.
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2019.
The University of Ottawa offers generous scholarships: http://www.grad.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=1459

For more information contact Yana Meerzon (ymeerzon at uottawa.ca<mailto:ymeerzon at uottawa.ca>), Director of Graduate Programs.