[Candrama] Graduate Programs at the University of Victoria

Allana Lindgren aclind at uvic.ca
Thu Jan 3 13:32:10 EST 2019

Graduate Programs at the University of Victoria

The Graduate Program in Department of Theatre at the University of Victoria (Victoria, Canada) is now accepting applications for the Fall 2019 entry. The deadline to apply for the programs is February 1, 2019.

Your passion. Your future.

Graduate studies at the Department of Theatre will immerse you in a dynamic academic and research environment, with the support and guidance you need to take your passion to the next level.

With graduate programs in directing, design/production, theatre studies and applied theatre, we offer graduate students the opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of students in small classes and receive close mentorship from internationally renowned artists, scholars, directors and designers.

Students in our MFA programs have access to extensive industry-standard performance facilities that are paired with the artistic and technical excellence of an established university theatre company.

Learn more about our graduate programs, which we offer in the following areas:

?MA in Theatre with a focus on Theatre Studies or Applied Theatre

?MFA in Directing

?MFA in Design/Production

?PhD in Theatre with a focus on Theatre Studies or Applied Theatre

Financial Support

A few graduate students receive University of Victoria Fellowships (currently valued at approximately $13,500 over 12 months), which are awarded annually by the Faculty of Graduate Studies. The primary requirement for a fellowship is a minimum GPA average of 7.0 (UVic scale = approximately an A- average of 80%) in each of the last two undergraduate years and every graduate year.

A limited number of assistantships (TA) are also available from the department for qualified students. The usual level of assistantships is $2,000 per term, which normally can be matched by the Faculty of Graduate Studies for a total of $4,000 per term or $8,000 per year. Numerous other awards are administered through The Faculty of Graduate Studies. Details can be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website: <www.uvic.ca/grad>.

All eligible graduate students are encouraged to apply for funding from provincial, federal and external sources. The Theatre department cannot guarantee funding, although it is our intention that all graduate students receive some financial support in the initial years of their respective programs (for MA and MFA students, the first two years, and for PhD students, the first three years).

If you have questions about the Graduate programs or the application process, please visit our website at https://www.uvic.ca/finearts/theatre/graduate/index.php or contact theatre at uvic.ca.

---
Dr. Allana C. Lindgren
Associate Professor