[Candrama] The S Word: Stanislavsky and The Media (London, April 2020)

Paul Fryer paul at paulfryer.me.uk
Wed Nov 6 12:19:25 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

*The S Word*, in partnership with *The Centre for Digital Storymaking*
at London South Bank University

presents the 2020 symposium: *Stanislavsky and The Media*

at*London South Bank University, 23rd to 25th April 2020.*

We are pleased to announce that our keynote speakers will include the
award-winning theatre, film and television director *Sir Richard
Eyre*,**formerly Director of The National Theatre; the inaugural *Jean
Benedetti Memorial Lecture* will be delivered by the distinguished
Stanislavsky scholar, *Prof. Laurence Senelick*.*

Further guest speakers/events will be announced shortly.

_We now invite proposals_ for papers (20 minutes), workshops (40
minutes) and panel presentations (a minimum of 3 speakers/60 minutes).
Proposals should include a short abstract (300 words) and a biography
(150 words), and be sent by email to Paul Fryer (paul at paulfryer.me.uk)
to arrive by Friday 29th November.

Selected papers from the symposium will be published in the Spring 2021
edition of the journal /Stanislavski Studies/ (Taylor and Francis).

On-line booking for this event will be available shortly.

*The S Word: Stanislavsky and the Contemporary Theatre* is an
international collaborative research project.

*all speakers are subject to final availability.

--
Prof. Paul Fryer PhD, FRSA, FHEA.
Visiting Professor, School of Performance and Creative Industries, University of Leeds.